Personal information about visitors to our sites is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in anyway that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
In the course of providing our services, we collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, information is collected when you:
- ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists,
- make an enquiry about our services,
- visit our website, or
- become a client or debtor of the company.
You provide most of the personal information directly to us and for a specific purpose.
We may sometimes use the personal information we collect for a secondary purpose, that is, for use in a way different from the original reason for collection. We will only do this in the following circumstances:
- where you have consented,
- where the secondary purpose is directly related to the primary purpose, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information in such a way, or
- where we are permitted or required by law, or it is in the interests of public safety to do so.
You can also request that information about you be corrected or deleted. This is part of our commitment to take all reasonable steps to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You should be aware we may use your email address to contact you in the future. We will not sell or pass on your details to third parties.
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our site. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
We provide links to websites outside of our web site, as well as to third party websites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using the websites and its privacy statement.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website.
PHOTOGRAPHY, FILMS AND RECORDINGS
By attending a race meeting each patron acknowledges he/she may be photographed, filmed and/or recorded in any way and:
- consents to being photographed, filmed and/or recorded by or on behalf of the WJC for the WJC’s advertising and promotional purposes (including, without limitation for promotion of WJC race days); and
- if the patron is an owner of any horse present at the racecourse or whose image is displayed at the racecourse, consents to their horse/s being photographed, filmed and/or recorded by or on behalf of the WJC and for the WJC to use and reproduce such photographs, films and recordings (including the colours worn by the relevant jockeys) for the WJC’s advertising and promotional purposes;
- assigns any and all intellectual property rights they may have in any such photographs, films and recordings to the WJC, and agrees that the WJC and its successors and assigns will own all right, title and interest in such photographs, films and recordings and may exercise all intellectual property rights existing in or in relation to any such photographs, films and recordings throughout the world in perpetuity, free from any liens, claims, encumbrances or right of termination by the patron or anyone else; and
- waives absolutely and irrevocably any moral rights they may have in or in relation to any of the photographs, films and recordings referred to in this condition.
- Patrons must not, unless authorised by the WJC in writing and, if authorised, only on conditions determined by the WJC, take any photographs or make any films, video, digital or sound recordings (including by way of any hand held communications device) within the racecourse for commercial purposes. No sale or distribution of goods or material.
Patrons must not:
- attempt to sell or distribute any goods or advertising, promotional or political materials or similar to persons attending the racecourse; or
- conduct any advertising, promotional or political campaign or activity or commercial marketing (including with others) anywhere at the racecourse, without the written consent of the WJC.